p r ι м o ѕ a
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

3 posters

Go down

Welcome! Empty Welcome!

Post by Aura Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:18 am

Welcome to the group's roleplaying forum.

This is not mandatory and you do not have to make use of this forum if you do not want. I will describe it in brief so that people can easily understand how this forum works if you have never experienced a forum before. Please look at the other topics posted to see other help guides.

Basics

1. Making an account

You can make an account easily. It is like signing up for any other website. You will enter a username (which you can later change if you want to under "Profile" where you can edit your details or click here.)  You can have an account for every character you own (even NPCs) but you will be responsible for taking care of those accounts. If you forget your password you can also make a password request to the email you signed up with.

2. Setting an avatar

The forum accepts avatars that are 200x150 PX. You can set an avatar by clicking profile underneath the header and then avatar on the following page, or click here.

3. Making a post

You can select any topic to make a post on. Please keep the posts on subject depending on what topic you select. For example, don't make an OOC post only when you are in the midst of a roleplay. Go to the chatterbox/OOC chat to talk about random things or blurbs.

Think of the forum like a tree. Each type of forum is a branch.
The posts are set up by categories.
These categories tell you what type of topics are there.
Nested inside of categories are sub-forums, which make room for specific topics.
Inside of sub-forums you will post or reply to topics.

Click on the topic you want to reply to. There should be a box at the bottom of the page which is a Quick Reply box. You may use this for a fast response instead of waiting for the page to load to take you to the full reply page.

Additionally, you can click the red "Post Reply" button which is located underneath the quick reply box. You can also select to watch a topic for new replies!

4. Interacting with other users

There are many ways to interact with users here. Like facebook, deviantART, or Gaia Online. You can add them to your friendslist or send them a private message. Usually you can view this menu by seeing the options underneath their avatar picture when they post somewhere on the forum. For example, look on the side where my avatar/profile picture is.

Underneath, you can see four buttons. If you click them, they allow you to view my profile, send me a private message, send me an e-mail, or view my website. You can turn off the feature to allow people to send you e-mails, or set your personal website (you can just include a link to your deviantART page if you wanted to here. )

Next I will describe what friends and foes are. Naturally, the two describe themselves. Foes on this forum are like your black list. You can block people here like you can on any other website. You will list them under foes. You can also add them to your friendslist, which will appear that they are your friend on your profile page. Click here to visit your friends and foes list.

You can set your preferences for what you want to be alerted of, such as when people send you a new private message or decide if you will allow people to contact you by email. You can do so by clicking here.

5. Different Colored Usernames

Sometimes across the forum you might see people with a different colored username. The colors can vary depending on what the reason for their color is. These can just be as simple as a user group, or can identify an administrator if you are in need to contact someone.

For example, my username is in a purple color because it tells you that I am an administrator. You would contact me if you needed help or had any questions.

Now let's say a member has a green username. He might be in a usergroup that has changed his username to that color. It is either that he has joined a clan, or because he is a featured member. You can be rewarded these colors by obtaining certain amounts of posts, so try to be active if you want a different color!

You can see a list of user groups and their certain colors here.

Any questions?

I have only described a few brief points here. If you still do not understand certain things I can do my best to describe it to you. You can post your question here by replying at the bottom of this page or you can note me on deviantart! Very Happy
Aura
Aura
Admin

http://aurachama.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Empty Re: Welcome!

Post by Umi TsoDom Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 am

Hello, I have a question about joining RP's, in another forum I am active in, we have to submit bios for characters we would like to use in an RP. Does it work that way here as well? Or do I simply choose an RP and write myself in?
Umi TsoDom
Umi TsoDom

Back to top Go down

Post by China Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Umi TsoDom wrote:Hello, I have a question about joining RP's, in another forum I am active in, we have to submit bios for characters we would like to use in an RP. Does it work that way here as well? Or do I simply choose an RP and write myself in?
No, pretty sure you have to join the dA group to be allowed to post here I think.
China
China

Back to top Go down

Post by Umi TsoDom Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 pm

May I ask how that is done?
Umi TsoDom
Umi TsoDom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Umi TsoDom wrote:May I ask how that is done?
hello~ we are a group that carried over from deviantART
it is an art based RP group that you can visit by clicking here

Members are required to come up with a pokemon gijinka (their main character) in an "Application," and apply for the slot that they want. in this application is the full extent of details of their characters profile, consisting of personality, bios, histories, relationships, and other stats to help everyone learn about your character. these details may be as brief as you wish, but at least consisting of 4-8 sentences, and cannot be vague to your character's likelihood .

on the group's main page there is a navigation bar on the right that will allow you to visit the journals that help get you started, such as rules, how to join, the list of pokemon currently available,  and how to fill out an application

if a pokemon is taken already, you may choose a different one. later, you can add NPC profiles, which are secondary characters and do not apply to the slot limit (which meant if you wanted a charizard initially, and it was taken - you could make it an NPC and still have it as a character)

All work submitted to the group must be 100% yours, including the art work of your character - commissioned, gifted, requested, or art done by other artists may be used but it must be created solely for you, which means you must have permission to use this art. stolen character art or search image ripped characters will not be allowed in the group, as this does not comply with deviantart's rules

I hope this is helpful =)
Aura
Aura
Admin

http://aurachama.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum